Advice needed - weight stagnant for ~2.5 years - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Advice needed - weight stagnant for ~2.5 years

Hey there! I've been trying to lose about 25 lbs since I graduated from undergrad. I managed to lose 5 lbs after graduating and have been able to mostly keep off those 5 lbs for the last two and a half years. However, my body has just been stuck at that 5 pound mark, and nothing I've tried has had lasting change.

When I first started to lose weight, it was strictly CICO and walking for a few hours a day in the South's super humid summers. I also tried keto for a bit, and joined a gym as soon as I found a job. I went to classes almost 5 days a week for a few months before I was accepted to grad school and we moved.

Now I've been in grad school and I'm not trying to eat keto because it just wasn't a sustainable lifestyle for me - but I am trying to be more carb-conscious. I track everything I eat, and am working on eating as many whole foods as possible. I'm not perfect, but in general I cook for myself (except for days when I'm stuck on campus for 10+ hours and need a dinner) and keep processed foods in the apartment to an absolute minimum (like maybe one box of macaroni and cheese for a treat, and my boyfriend likes to keep a frozen pizza on hand for himself - that's it). I walk to class and work, and go to the campus gym at least 3 times a week (30 mins cardio, 30 mins strength training). I wear a fitbit and and hit around 2300-2700 calories burned every day. I'm shooting for a 750 calorie deficit, but usually average around 1500-2000 calories eaten. Even on my worst days, I'm almost always at a deficit.

At this point I'm trying to think of factors I may not have addressed yet, including: sleep, anxiety, sugar, snacking (especially late night), not the right kind of exercise(?).

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to spend a few weeks pushing myself harder on strength training (last week I was a little lazy at the weights), and really focusing on cutting down on added sugar. I'm sorry if this was wordy or didn't make any sense. I've just been so frustrated for the last few years. Do you have any advice? Especially advice on how to manage weight while still in graduate school. I just want to feel confident in my graduation photos.

submitted by /u/ladyofwildthings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PpKuyD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot