How to deal with "phantom fat" and the feeling of being fat while not that fat? - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

How to deal with "phantom fat" and the feeling of being fat while not that fat?

I've been dieting for just over 2 years now and have lost a LOT of weight. I started at 372 but peaked around 400 and stayed between 350-400 since high school. I've been fat my entire life, my parents taught terrible eating habits and even encouraged them. It's a big downside of coming from a family of obese people. I've made great progress and am all the way down to 241 and so close to breaking that obese BMI barrier which is something I NEVER expected to do in my life. I have a big frame and fairly muscular so I can hide my fat well and people tell me that I don't look fat at all...but I don't see it.

This leads to my question for those who have found success. Did you struggle with your self-perception? Does this feeling ever go away? It's like my brain still sees me as the same morbidly obese body I used to be despite losing 130 pounds since August 2017. I'm down 3 shirt sizes and I feel great but the mirror still makes me feel fat. I realize I still have about 40 pounds until I'm at a "healthy" weight but I genuinely don't see the difference unless I see an old picture (which I don't have many of). At this point, I'm almost worried about body dysmorphia disorder or something.

submitted by /u/ragnarok989
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36g5ZYW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot