Overeaters Anonymous is AWFUL - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Overeaters Anonymous is AWFUL

I was looking into OA and their program advertises it's not religious based. Yet they literally start their meetings off with a prayer to God. Their 12 steps program as surrendering yourself to God. Asking God to change you.

I don't understand why I have to recognize a God to heal. No "higher power" has control over my eating, I do. No "higher power" is going to help solve my addiction, my own actions will.

Why isn't there an OA that isn't religious based? Books, online forums, etc. don't work for me. I need face to face interaction, and I can't afford therapy. I guess I'll just remain this disgusting blob the rest of my life.

submitted by /u/DaysTooCasual
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qOyI6T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot