So close to my goal, feeling a bit apprehensive about the future. - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Friday, October 25, 2019

So close to my goal, feeling a bit apprehensive about the future.

Hi guys! First time posting, long time lurking... like most.

F/26 5'9 SW:240/ CW:178/ GW:170?

Most of my adult life has been spent around 190, but after I got up to 240 I saw a picture and realized I needed to change, and get back to my "healthy" usual weight. I've never quite been the fitness fanatic, I enjoy outdoor recreation and have chosen a profession that is very physically intensive, I guess I always thought I had to intake more calories to sustain my daily calories exerted. Apparently, not the case! So after I saw said picture I knew I had to change my eating habits, in which I began by decreasing my daily calories, like no full second serving at dinner, skipping breakfast and opting for a smoothie, and choosing low carb options. I also found a running buddy (which I had dabbled in prior) and we really kept each other at it. I would say, without here this journey would have been a lot slower.

After a few months of running, I was easily down some weight. I have had a lot of change in my diet and the year has passed, and have found a few things that have been my saving grace.

Raw cabbage: Instead of rice? cabbage! instead of toast? cabbage! Seriously delicious and so crunchy and filling.

Fruit: May have overdone it during the summer, cause its so plentiful where I live, but hey. Binging on fruit is better than fast food.

Dry fruit and seeds: I have a serious sweet tooth, so if I being to get one I just go for dry fruit now, and its actually satisfying and i feel like I can eat more of it. I easily eat 400 calories of seeds a day during my work week.

Peanut butter: So filling, I love dipping veggies in it as an after work snack, way better than so many other options.

So, I ran my first half marathon, which was such a wonderful experience, and I am still eating in my new preferred habits. I keep running now ( because I love it, not just for losing weight), keep working hard (which I perform so much better in now that I am fit, and have been recognized from management for stepping up my game!). Now, it seems like pounds are still wanting to fall off of me but I am not sure have comfortable I am losing too much more. I am still not in the healthy BMI range, but I can't really imagine going any less than 170. I mean, I'm finally healthy, and I feel so wonderful!

I'm curious what you all have done while attempting to curb your dieting, I feel like dieting has been so much apart of my life and now I need to adapt to being a regular healthy human being.

submitted by /u/NWperson579
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31Tr5sQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot