Weight loss followed by a baby... your experiences? - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Friday, October 25, 2019

Weight loss followed by a baby... your experiences?

Hi all!

This seems like a really silly post to make, and I know everyone is different with lifestyles, genetics, age and a lot more! But as I am now firmly into a weight loss regime/lifestyle change, I’m having some concerns and I’d love to hear anyone’s personal experiences or thoughts

I’m almost 32 and I’ve been overweight to some extent probably all of my life - my highest adult weight was 97kg (5 weeks ago) but typically from ages 20-30 I’ve hovered around 80-85kg.

My skin has (well faded) stretch marks on my belly and I’d say I tend to carry a fair bit of my weight there. I’m down to 90kg now and hoping to slowly hit 65kg (or thereabouts, I’ll keep reassessing as I lose) by mid next year - I’ll be 32.5.

I know my skin will never be taut or perfect, but I’m hoping that with good hydration, losing at a sensible pace (7kg in 5 weeks is a fair bit, but it’s early on and slowing down quickly), exercising (cardio and a weights program) and general skin upkeep (lotions and sunscreen) I will minimise the appearance of skin damage as much as I can control with a 30kg weight loss.

My fear is that my partner and I would like to stay trying for a baby around age 33-34 - I’m concerned that weight loss, then another huge skin stretch and rebound, will leave me looking an absolute mess. A bit of loose skin is part and parcel, and I’ve accepted that... I guess I’m wondering if anyone has experience with this? Anything they found to minimise damage?

Thanks in advance all! Such a great community- I don’t post often, but lurk daily and it’s been such a positive influence for me :-)

submitted by /u/whatsuphdoc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Wev560

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot