Would like some advice please - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Would like some advice please

Hey everyone,

I'm ESL, sorry for any grammar mistakes.

I'm severely overweight and I never did anything close to resembling exercise in anyway whatsoever. A year ago decided to join a gym and hire a personal trainer. We trained for a year and I saw results (60 pounds loss). Recently however, I was dealing with depression due to an unfortunate circumstance and I wasn't in the mood to train honestly. I gained some weight back.

I decided to get back into it, I hit up my instructor for a session. That's when things started to go poorly. He canceled on me twice. Once we started training, I kept on getting rude remarks regarding my performance. My trainer kept on saying things such as my form is perfect but my health has gone to shit, my quality of life is shit because of my weight, rude remarks regarding my performance, and just a general lack of attention. While training I wasn't able to perform as good as I once was, and I was repeatedly told that my fat body is carrying an unnatural amount of shameful weight and therefore I shouldn't expect anything good and that I'll die soon. Meanwhile, he was essentially on his phone the whole time and was speaking to his coworkers in the meanwhile. I felt very disregarded.

While leaving the gym I was demanded to step on the scale and was made fun of for my weight. After which, I was reminded constantly about how I failed and how I could've been at a lower weight. Fitness is so easy and that everyone can do it except for me. While walking towards my car, I was thinking this wasn't like before. Usually I'm really happy after leaving the gym as I'm doing something new, something I never did before which is exercise. This time however I was really upset. I left feeling betrayed as well.

Now here's the thing, I understand the purpose of being hard on a person at a gym setting. I expect this fully and welcome it. Sometimes, there are people who need to be treated in a manner that isn't always the kindest. You know? Sometimes, you simply need to be hard on people. This type of thing has helped me lose weight. However, this behavior wasn't like before. Before it was motivation and my personal trainer was being hard on me because we both wanted to see better results. He was very supportive and the weight shred off. Now it's just toxic.

I tried setting up a few training sessions but they never went through. I kept on getting answers such as "I'll get back to you" etc. Now, I'm been ignored when asking for a session.

Now the problem is that I already prepaid for 10 training sessions, and I really like this gym facility. Everyone is very friendly and they are conveniently located near my home. Also, I've been at this gym for a year now and I've seen results, so I'm kinda attached to this place lol.

Should I go to another gym and find a personal trainer? Or should I just suck it up and accept the fact that my trainer is pissed off and doesn't want to train me.

In case it matters, this is the first time that anything negative has happened at this gym. Usually it's very positive and everyone is happy.

submitted by /u/Procrastinate247365
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/340yKXF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot