Giving this another shot - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Giving this another shot

Hello everyone!

Been fat awhile over here. It's a bummer.

I graduated college back in May, and I was weighing like 240 lbs at that point (I'm a 6'/6'1" guy). Thought I was really fat. Couldn't imagine it getting any worse.

But it wasn't all bad. Earlier in that semester, I made my first ever real attempt at losing weight. It only lasted 3 weeks, but I shaved off 10 pounds. I still consider that a good proof of concept that this is something I can figure out if I set my mind to it. It's a pretty encouraging precedent albeit not as spectacular as I would like.

But towards the end of those few weeks, as I was running out of steam, I was also dealing with some nasty drug habits. You can read all about it if you go way back in my reddit history but please don't because then you'll hear all my fucked up political opinions and personal anecdotes.

I decided to focus on getting off the drugs I was on at that point first and make my weight priority #2, to be dealt with at a later date.

I set my mind to getting clean and I did. I still have a drink with coworkers but I don't stay up all night on prescription amphetamines. So, not a spotless lifestyle, but a dramatic improvement!

Problem is, I weigh 280 pounds now. I am easily fatigued even walking up stairs. My coworkers laugh at me (kind heartedly!) when I break into a sweat playing ping pong. I'm barely fitting into some of my xxl t shirts.

In large part, I attribute the increase to my failure to cope with my best friends death. He shot himself in June after an excruciating period of Adderall withdrawal. I love him very much and miss him everyday.

I ate emotionally constantly, with indifference to the consequences. I've been living in the moment rather than planning for the future and my health reflects that.

Anyway, I've gotten a lot better this last week. I've been hitting the treadmill, lifting some dumb bells I bought off amazon, and dramatically reducing how much I eat.

I eat one, large meal a day. Probably at least 1800 calories in this meal alone. But it's almost all I eat. If my hunger gets too bad later in the day, I snack on fruit.

Anyway, I don't usually like to take the spotlight on these kinds of things, but the glowing positivity of this sub and the anonymity of reddit made me want to share. You all seem like a great group of people.

submitted by /u/ZwischenzugZugzwang
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34klKwi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot