Some days I feel defeated and disgusted with myself, but not today! - Boost And Protect Your Health

Best Sellers

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

TOP PRODUCTS

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Some days I feel defeated and disgusted with myself, but not today!

I am 31/f, single and live by myself. The heaviest I’ve weighed in was at 263lbs back in January. I hated what I looked like, and what I felt like.

I was eating unhealthy foods and large portions for years to feel happy and full. It was like food replaced real happiness. I have talked to past therapists about this, and apparently a lot of ‘feel good’ hormones like serotonin are released after a big meal especially with a diet consisting of mainly simple carbs and fats. I’ve also been trying to deal with mental health and alcohol abuse the past few years, and overeating/drinking I feel are the hardest to overcome. I still struggle with both.

Recently I’ve stopped driving my car to get to and from work, I’ve been walking instead, as it is a reasonable 15-20 minute walk each way.

It might seem silly, but I’ve been wearing a backpack with 10-15lbs of dumbbells in it to try to get my heart and muscles working harder and grow stronger during my walks. (Keeping in mind of my posture) Honestly it really sucks sometimes especially after a long day running around at work. I’m exhausted when I get home and sometimes my feet hurt. But I know it’s a work in progress. I have an extra walk 2-3 times a week, with my weighted backpack for more than an 1 1/2 hours at my own pace.

I’m proud to say that today I weighed myself and have lost just over 30lbs so far, and I feel great. I can breath better, can fit in some old clothes, and can run up down stairs MUCH easier. I even looked in the mirror the other day and was pleased how much I’ve changed.

I’m not great yet at portioning meals and excluding carbs, but I’m working on it. Including making changes and including more raw veggies/ fruits and more of complex carbs into what I eat.

This is the best I’ve felt in a long time.

I still have a ways to go, my goal is somewhere between 160-180lbs. It’s still overweight, but that’s just what I’m striving for right now.

I want to thank others in this subreddit for sharing their experiences, as it has helped me a lot reading your stories and personal experiences.

Thank you for helping me on my own journey. ❤️

submitted by /u/Iceyblue8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34cl8sj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot